Supv- Community Paramed/EMTP
The Supv- Community Paramed/EMTP is charged to provide leadership and oversight to help Northern Light Medical Transport and Northern Light Health achieve the goal of “Best in Class” status. This individual will be involved with daily operations and imperatives with a focus on developing relationships within the communities and other entities that Northern Light Medical Transport serves, work through shift leadership to select and evaluate Emergency Medical Technicians and wheelchair transportation technicians, track and report out daily, weekly and monthly utilization statistics. This individual will contribute and adhere to organization’s budget as it relates to operations and other areas of responsibility ensure overall safety through the development of policies, training and measurement, develop long term operational strategies that will enable Northern Light Medical Transport and Northern Light Health to realize long term strategic goals in an evolving world of healthcare delivery.
· Developing and cultivating relationships within the communities our providers work in. This may include developing or assisting employees develop and implement outreach or educational programs.
· Developing and cultivating relationships with local agencies, including fire departments, nursing homes and other.
· Cultivating a healthy environment for our employees. This may include monitoring employees involved in significant incidents, setting up CISD deployments, connecting employees with behavioral health resources, seeking current national and local initiatives regarding the mental well-being of the EMT.
· Tracking repetitive patients to meet expectations of medical necessity, billing requirements, and communication between dispatch, billing, and our employees
· Creating and overseeing modifications of employee schedule.
· Completing CQI projects as assigned by Manager of Clinical Services.
· Work with others to provide vaccinations and complete documentation as necessary. This includes assisting the Infection Control Officer with other tasks, as needed.
· Provide support and guidance, if necessary, discipline, for direct reports and other employees
· Perform as Administrator of Call (AOC) during designated times.
· Clinical obligations, to include responding to patient care and transportation as needed
· Other Duties
Competencies and Skills
- 4+ years of relative experience required.
- Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
- Acts Strategically: Creates effective plans that anticipate future consequences and opportunities and is able to connect the day to day operations to longer-term objectives, shifts in the industry, and system goals.
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
- Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Fosters Innovation: Employs and encourages the use of meaningful creativity in solving challenges. Proactively identifies opportunities and uses new approaches to enhance processes, systems and services. When appropriate, suggests or initiates new strategies, products, services, and markets.
- Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others' actions and decisions with and without express authority.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
- Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
- Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
- Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability.
- Serves Others: Strives to understand, meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers which may include the people and communities in our service areas. Develops and maintains relationships, alliances and coalitions within and outside the organization and leverages them in order to obtain information, support, and promote cooperation and collaboration.
- Required Emergency Med Tech - Paramedic
- Required High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
- Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
- Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
- Prolonged periods of sitting.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
- Lifting, moving, and loading over 50 pounds.
- Prolonged periods of walking.
- Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
- Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
- Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
- Potential exposure to noxious odors.
- Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
- Work beyond the regularly scheduled hours.
- Extend body and limbs to reach items.
- Prolonged periods of kneeling.
- Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).