Sterile Processing Technician (9797)
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Department: Sterile Processing
Position is located: Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time \ 40 Hours per Week \ 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM
To Apply Click: Sterile Processing Tech
For More Information: Text "9797" to (207) 506-0033
Reprocesses and terminally sterilizes surgical & medical instruments and equipment.
• Team player with a positive attitude.
• Takes the initiative in helping other members
• Follows chain of command when handling problems, issues or other concerns
• Maintains a professional environment by minimizing personal discussions that may be disruptive or a distraction to the units workflow
• Supports and utilizes the team concept in daily practice to maximize the function of the unit
• Personal growth demonstrated by keeping up with huddles and daily postings
• Personal growth demonstrated by evaluating own strengths and weaknesses, and seeks help
• Personal growth demonstrated by participating in staff meetings, initialing minutes if unable to attend
• Personal growth demonstrated by preparing for certification exam
• Participating in educational offerings to increase working knowledge of SPD standards & expectations
• Utilizes proper decontamination PPE and techniques
• Demonstrates appropriate cleaning/decontamination/disinfection technique for type of equipment
• Assembles surgical instrument sets, items and trays following established procedures
• Understands the principles of steam and hydrogen peroxide plasma sterilization
• Maintains an accuracy rate of 99.25 to 100%
• Masters core competences
• Works independently at all work stations
• Inspects and test surgical instruments for proper function
• Responds quickly to the unanticipated needs of the Drs or other departments served
• Works efficiently to maintain unit work flow
• Uses appropriately sized packaging materials
• Uses chemical and cleaning products in manner/concentration recommended by manufacturer
• Reviews inventory of supplies, forms, accessories, etc. to ensure par levels without overstocking
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.