RN - House Manager Float Pool
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Department: Float Pool
Position is located: Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
To Apply Click: House Manager
For More Information: Text "Float MGR" to (207) 506-0033
This position will support bed flow facilitation
The House Manager oversees and coordinates admission decisions and patient care activities throughout the hospital on the assigned shift. Leadership oversight of direct hospital personnel in addition to participating in the development and mentoring of hospital nursing staff. The House Manager has oversight of the day to day hospital operations in collaboration with the Administrator on Call (AOC) to include the implementation and support of hospital policy, procedure and patient flow/throughput. Consults with staff, physicians, CNO/COO or Administrator On-Call (AOC) on nursing issues, interpretation of hospital policies to provide optimum customer satisfaction.
• Collaborates with nursing leadership to ensures safe standards of nursing practice are followed, including adequate staff coverage. • Facilitates problem solving and effective communication with patients, families and multi-disciplinary team. • Identifies and reports emergent concerns to nursing leadership and administrator on call as appropriate. • Collaborates with nursing leadership in performance management activities, including input on evaluations and identification and correction of performance deficiencies. • Collaborates with nursing leadership for the development of the nursing staff. • Responsible for Hospital Operations at direction of nursing leadership. • Implements emergency preparedness plans. • Maintains and exhibits a current knowledge of profession and participates in continuing education. • May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* 3+ years of relative work experience required.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others' actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* Word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, database experience and other computer related skills.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Registered Nurse
* Associate's Degree
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).