Operations Specialist (24118, 8512)
Department: Patient Transfer Service
Position is located: Cianchette Professional Building in Brewer, Maine
Work Type: Full Time
36 hours per week
Work Schedule: 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Apply Today! Visit: Career Opportunities and Jobs - Northern Light Health Search Job ID "24118", "8512" or Keyword "Operations" and Company "Northern Light Health Home Office".
Text "8512" to 207-506-0033 for more information.
The Transfer Center Operation Specialist will provide administrative support for both the Transfer Center and Bed Management. Duties will include but not limited to the following: coordination of bed placement with assistance from RN, data management, compilation of reports, assistance with connection of physicians after initial RN triage, coordination of office logistics to assure consistent and optimal operation of transfer center including assurance of the performance of computers, programs, telephones, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current Transfer Center/Bed Management directives: Data tracking for measurement related to transfers and bed management/patient flow into and within EMMC
- As a bed coordinator, the TCOS will be responsible for facilitating patient placement within EMMC; utilizing the RN designated to flow coordination to help with patient prioritization when indicated by algorithm
- Create and author reports for use by Leadership, specific department, service lines, referring hospitals
- Facilitate training/orientation, maintain orientation information, and update training manuals
- Conduct case review and collection of support data to include call auditing when requested.
- Plan and execute system improvements to create high quality performances/service
- Audit documentation for accuracy/ completeness of patient/transfer information for all staff. Share data with supervisor for follow up.
- Assist the RN to connect calls on the Transfer Center side. Process calls with clinical guidance from RN.
The successful candidate should have:
- Medical Terminology knowledge
- Healthcare experience (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, and Word).
- Associate's Degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.