Manager - Patient Experience 11101
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Department: Patient Experience
Position is located: Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time \ 40 Hours per Week \ 8am to 5pm
To Apply Click: Manager - Patient Experience
Manager supports the Director of Patient Experience in the implementation of Service Excellence system initiatives as well as the development of current and future customer/patient experience programs. Position will support the achievement of best in class patient satisfaction and service excellence throughout EMMC Hospital and Medical Group, providing collaboration with the EMMC Hospital and Medical Group Director of Patient Experience and Director of Patient Relations. Position provides support to the EMMC Hospital and Medical Group Director of Patient Experience for patient experience performance improvement. Position also assists in the development and deployment of support tools and ensures that they are effectively used on an operational basis. Manage communication, project roll out and program facilitation as assigned. Position works collaboratively with the EMMC Hospital and Medical Group Director of Patient Experience, EMMC Leadership Team and the human resource department for employee engagement initiatives as assigned.
• Participates in development and supports the strategic plan for Service Excellence and patient/customer satisfaction at EMMC and the medical group. • Works collaboratively with EMHS and EMMC hospital and medical group senior leadership team and employees, to implement Service Excellence and Patient Experience goals based on the strategic plan for Service Excellence. • Under the direction of the Director of Patient Experience, maintains effective communication between Senior leadership, physician group, providers, managers and staff. • Under the direction of the Director of Patient Experience, works with the system patient experience staff to successfully collaborate on service excellence strategy, best practices and related processes to effectively monitor outcomes. • Delivers organization and community education programming for service excellence. • Works collaboratively with organization Quality Director for implementation of performance improvement for identified gaps. • Assists with the development and implementation of service excellence training and communication materials and tools. • Supports development of a robust Patient and Family Advisor structure, utilizing best practices. • Works collaboratively with the Director of Patient Relations in ensuring compliance with federal, state and certification standards. Collaborates with Quality Director, Clinical Risk Manager and Accreditation, Certification and Regulatory Compliance. • Under direction of the Director of Patient Experience, is accountable for analysis of and proactive communication and collaboration with Quality Director for organization satisfaction survey and complaint data for driving performance improvement efforts. • Expert knowledge of patient experience metrics for value based purchasing reimbursement. • Works collaboratively with the Sr. Vice President/Chief Operating Officer, Chief Administrative Officer and the Patient Experience Director to ensure strategic plan development and implementation of patient centered care. • Works collaboratively with EMMC hospital and medical group leaders to execute the strategic plan for meeting patient and family service needs. • Support the culture of a High Performing, High Reliability Organization • Assists in developing and implementing operational budget. • Other duties, as assigned, by the EMMC Hospital and Medical Group Director of Patient Experience.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.