Logistic Transport Specialist
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Position is located: Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: PT-Benefits Eligible / PT / PRN
To Apply: Career Opportunities and Jobs - Northern Light Health
Search Keyword: Logistics Transport
Sign on bonus: This position is eligible for a $500 sign on bonus.
Current employees of any Northern Light Member Organizations or those with a service break less than one year are not eligible.
Transports patients to areas such as operating rooms or x-ray rooms using wheelchairs, stretchers, or moveable beds. May also transport supplies, equipment, specimens, and/or medications.
· Lifts or assists others to lift patients to move them on or off beds, examination tables, surgical tables, or stretchers. · Transports patients to treatment units, testing units, operating rooms, or other areas, using wheelchairs, stretchers, or moveable beds. · Cleans, disinfects, and sanitizes equipment, such as wheelchairs, hospital beds, or portable medical equipment, documenting needed repairs or maintenance. · Responds to emergency situations, such as emergency medical calls, security calls, or fire alarms. · Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed. · May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).