Laundry Workers Needed!
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Department: Laundry and Linen Services
Position is located: Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time or Part Time
Work Schedule: Various Schedules Available
Click to Apply: Laundry Worker
Dries, folds, sorts, and distributes clean linens so that patient care needs for linen throughout all facility and associated practices can be met.
• Responds to beeper requests.
• Clean linen carts are exchanged, patient packs are delivered.
• Perform evening soiled linen transport
• Stacks full bags in washroom - in an orderly fashion.
• Loads sorted linen into weight sensitive pocket of transfer belt.
• Sets proper water temperature, monitors during cycles.
• Operates washers manually as necessary.
• Unloads washers on clean side.
• Sorts rough-dry in preparation for dryers.
• Greases wheel bearings on carts, performs other maintenance as required.
• Empties laundry bags, sorts into proper classification.
• Unloads linens and washes, cleans exchange carts.
• Responsible for wiping off cart covers.
• Records weight and classification of linens processed.
• Performs Daily: sweep/vacuum, empty all trash containers, clean lint collectors, clean dryer drawers, clean linen baskets, and drain air line moisture traps.
• Performs Weekly: wax/wash floor, clean surface of equipment, air-hose ironer/folder motors
• Performs Monthly: Dust overhead pipes, vacuum walls, wipe down light fixtures, duct work, and overhead surfaces.
• Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to diseases or infections.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.