Customer Service Specialist - Pharmacy (18379)
Northern Light Pharmacy
Department: Retail Pharmacy
Position is located: 210 State Street, Bangor
Work Type: Full Time \ 40 Hours per Week
Click to Apply: Customer Service Specialist
Sign on bonus: This position is eligible for a $500 sign on bonus.
*Current employees of any Northern Light Member Organizations or those with a service break less than one year are not eligible.
Provide administrative support by handling leader calendar(s), information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
• Answer telephones and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals. • Schedule appointments and meetings as assigned. • Maintain calendar(s) for department leader(s) • Generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate. • Set up and manage paper or electronic filing systems, recording information, updating paperwork, or maintaining documents, such as attendance records, correspondence, or other material. • Create, maintain, and enter information into databases. • Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and ordering items • As a proxy for and under the supervision of leader, enters, edits and approves time and requests corrections • Maintain a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; report and directly address environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed. • May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Applies Business Acumen: Demonstrates knowledge of current and future trends that impact organizational success. Applies proven practices and business theories to get results that meet financial as well as other business goals. Recognizes opportunities for new services and products and acts accordingly, taking measured risks into consideration. Possesses a thorough knowledge of their field and independently carries out their work in accordance with professional standards of the profession.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Ability to understand the language used to precisely describe the human body including its components, processes, conditions affecting it, and procedures performed upon it.
* Word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, database experience and other computer related skills.
* No previous experience required.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Serves Others: Strives to understand, meet and exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers which may include the people and communities in our service areas. Develops and maintains relationships, alliances and coalitions within and outside the organization and leverages them in order to obtain information, support, and promote cooperation and collaboration.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Continuous sitting.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.