Clinical Simulation Educator - RN
A rare and exciting opportunity to lead the simulation team in our 5-bay simulation center focusing on inter-professional simulation and education. The incumbent will lead our creative team in shaping and growing the Simulation center which is dedicated to improving patient care and safety through clinical education and innovative simulation based on INASCL standards.
To Apply Click: Clinical Simulation Educator - RN
For More Information: Text "12895" to (207) 506-0033
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Department: Nursing and Clinical Education
Position is located: Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Provides education related to all aspects of patient care and services to staff. Participates on housewide workgroups and committees to provide clinical expertise and input. The senior clinical educator will be responsible for developing curriculum content for requested simulation activities as well assist in the integration of simulation in New hire onboarding, nurse residency, TIENs (Transition of Internationally Educated Nurses Successfully), Medical Students, Medical residents, and various other programs offered by NL EMMC. They will be responsible for the scheduling of simulation lab, development of simulation personnel, day to day operations of simulation lab and outreach to community partners for simulation. In addition they will be responsible for coordinating outreach education with regional MO, academic organizations, EMS agencies and any other healthcare entities requesting simulation from NLH simulation center. They will be responsible for the scheduling of simulation lab, development of simulation personnel, day to day operations of simulation lab and outreach to community partners for simulation. They will also work collaboratively with the Manager of Clinical Education and Manager of Medical Education. The position will report to Manager of Clinical Education with matrix reporting to Manager of Medical Education.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates education programs based on professional, organizational, and JC accreditation standards as well as INACSL standards
- Collaborate with Manager of Clinical Education to maintain and update clinical orientation of NL EMMC orientees
- Collaborate with NL EMMC simulation team to develop and manage simulation requests
- Achieve Medical and Nursing Education Credits for all applicable licensure levels for all internal and outreach education
- Manages the Simulation Scheduling software and database
- Assist in the identification of educational gaps within NL EMMC
- Participates in the development of proprietary courses and educational programs
- Develops content in collaboration with target audience and subject matter experts
- Prepares content reflective of the expected outcomes and current evidence-based practice
- Will assist in the development and maintenance of simulation curriculum for the nurse residency program, medical student program and medical residency program
- Has primary oversight of the Simulation team and will provide input into their annual evaluations
AHA instructor status in BLS, ACLS, PALS preferred, required within 18 months of hire as training is made available.
Competencies and skills:
* 5+ years of relative work experience required.
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Registered Nurse
* Bachelor's Degree
Education equivalent experience:
* BSN Required. MSN Preferred, required within 36 months of hire.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items